sponsorship from RH ?

Balint Cristian rezso at rdsor.ro
Sun May 25 15:24:54 UTC 2008

> FYI, for all my epel packages I use CentOS (yes, I'm an @redhat.com)

  Thats sound more encouraging from your side, i will re-consider
CentOS and take a look.

> differences you see between RHEL and CentOS you need to report to CentOS
> as I'm sure they'd be interested in fixing it.

   Thats why i was afraid...

   I dont want end up maintaining any CentOS too,
but probably it was a strong preconception from
my side about CentOS. Must confess never took a
look at any CentOS untill now.

> AFAIK there have been very
> few if any issues supporting EPEL in CentOS as CentOS is one of EPEL's
> target operating systems.  If we're not compatable with CentOS we're doing
> something wrong.

 See.

> >  Well than i can renounce and be happy with Fedora.
>
> This sound strangly like a threat from someone looking to get a free RHEL
> license....  Just saying.

 It can be not so free. Or i dont know what schema, i questioned
the subject and got  answer, however i didnt thinked it as
an abuse or something like this, but probably thinking in
principles than anyone can request licenses and it turn
probably into a sort of abuse.

Cristian.