is epel repository being used

Marc Fromm Marc.Fromm at wwu.edu
Fri Oct 24 19:52:06 UTC 2008

> I would check to see what /etc/yum.repos.d/epel.repo is saying:
My epel.repo lists the same information as you included in your email.

>I would then do a 'yum clean all; yum list all' and see if items with
>EPEL show up
"yum clean all" reports Repository epel-source is listed more than once in the configuration. The epel.repo files only has one epel-source entry, not more than one.

"yum list all" does list epel packages.

When I search or check for a package should there be some notification of using epel? Yum search still only lists the below, with no reference to epel:

yum search vim
rhel-i386-server-vt-5     100% |=========================| 1.4 kB    00:00
rhel-i386-server-5        100% |=========================| 1.4 kB    00:00
rhn-tools-rhel-i386-serve 100% |=========================| 1.2 kB    00:00