is epel repository being used

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 19:55:40 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 1:52 PM, Marc Fromm <Marc.Fromm at wwu.edu> wrote:
>> I would check to see what /etc/yum.repos.d/epel.repo is saying:
> My epel.repo lists the same information as you included in your email.
>
>>I would then do a 'yum clean all; yum list all' and see if items with
>>EPEL show up
> "yum clean all" reports Repository epel-source is listed more than once in the configuration. The epel.repo files only has one epel-source entry, not more than one.

thats' a bug with the rhn plugin. I have no idea why...

> "yum list all" does list epel packages.
>
> When I search or check for a package should there be some notification of using epel? Yum search still only lists the below, with no reference to epel:
>
> yum search vim
> rhel-i386-server-vt-5     100% |=========================| 1.4 kB    00:00
> rhel-i386-server-5        100% |=========================| 1.4 kB    00:00
> rhn-tools-rhel-i386-serve 100% |=========================| 1.2 kB    00:00

Hmmmm I don't use the yum search all that much so it could be that the
RH version locks off what RHN sees and not other repos. I think that
might be why I just brute force it with a 'yum list "vim*"' versus
using search

--
Stephen J Smoogen. -- BSD/GNU/Linux