is there a difference between EPEL SIG and EPEL contributors?

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Tue Oct 28 11:53:48 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 12:26:24PM +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> A EPEL SIG member is somebody that cares of EPEL as a whole; somebody
> who helps making EPEL better/who does work beyond the packaging level.

How do you distinguish practically both kind of contributors?

I personnally think that this distinction isn't really meaningfull,
what you are is what you do. It doesn't seems to exist in fedora,
and shouldn't exist in EPEL either, in my opinion. Now we could have
personal responsibilities, but I don't think that now a SIG is needed.
At some point it was needed, because it was a SIG within fedora, but now
that, although still in fedora EPEL has its own life, I don't think it
is really important.

--
Pat