is there a difference between EPEL SIG and EPEL contributors?

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Tue Oct 28 13:28:48 UTC 2008

On 28.10.2008 14:04, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 01:28:32PM +0100, Till Maas wrote:
>> For the Fedora Collection there exist FESCo, rel-eng, the infrastructure team
>> and a lot of SIGs and also a lot of other groups (artwork, website,
>> translation, ...), so there is some distinction.
> There are also some rel-eng and infras people for EPEL, and the
> other groups are, in my opinion also part of EPEL (artwork, website,
> translation) as EPEL is under the fedora umbrella. But there is no
> fedora SIG, and I don't think that FESCo plays this role either -- FESCo
> is the equivalent of the EPEL Steering commitee.

As mentioned earlier today on this list already: the EPEL SIG (and it's
steering committe) is below FESCo in Fedora's government model (or did
that change recently? then I missed that).

> There could be SIGs within EPEL at some point, but I don't think about
> EPEL as a SIG.

Neverthelees it was created as one and the SIG (not the Steering
Committee iirc; that was build by the SIG) got permission to run EPEL
from FESCo.

/me now tries to stay away from this discussion

CU
knurd