Fedora EPEL Package Build Report 2008-09-04

Michael Schwendt bugs.michael at gmx.net
Thu Sep 4 18:17:17 UTC 2008

On Thu, 4 Sep 2008 12:41:24 -0500, Dennis Gilmore wrote:

> > > I think that your issue is that you have an old setup with the two
> > > seperate dbs.
> >
> > My issue is that between 0.4.5 and 0.4.5.1 you applied my sqlite3 patch,
> > which doesn't work with sqlite2, but you made Plague use sqlite2. There
> > are incompatibilites in what is returned by fetchall/fetchone in the
> > different APIs.
> that is the one patch I did not apply.  I took parts of it and refactored it.

There's more that is not applied. And that's the problem:

User authentication here fails because User.py new_authed_user() throws an
exception (TypeError expecting a dict but getting a tuple), which is caught
and ignored (!) by plague-server.

> python-sqlite2 is largely the same API as python-sqlite  since they come from
> the same place.  however python-sqlite2 is linked against sqlite3 there is no
> sqlite2 in fedora any longer.  I wanted the same code to work on EL and Fedora
> and yes fetchall fetchone operates differently

Which is exactly the reason why I've created the patch for sqlite3.
Why use python-sqlite2 if Python 2.5's built-in sqlite3 works, too?
It's a complete patch, btw, and that is why plague 0.4.5-2 works just fine.

Whether the sqlite3 patch leads to code that is still fully compatible
with python-sqlite remains to be seen.