please remove rpmlint-0.84.2 packages

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Wed Sep 10 20:12:08 UTC 2008

On 09/10/2008 10:15 PM, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 September 2008, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>>     It looks I made an error once again :(
>>     Please remove the rpmlint-0.84-2.el[4,5] packages from EL-4/testing
>> and EL-5/testing. The binaries are OK, but the changelog is wrong
>> because I forgot to re-tag after updating the spec in CVS. I have just
>> rebuilt the packages using 0.84-2.el[4,5].1
>>
>>     Sorry for the mess and my sincere apologies to Ville Skyta.
>>

> If you've tested and found the binaries working with EL's python, I don't have
> a problem with having my name in the changelog even if I did not push these
> updates to EPEL (testing), rpmlint 0.84 is "old" and tested enough release
> for that.

    Given your warning regarding compatibility with older python
versions,  I tested locally before building in plague and they worked OK
both on Centos 4 and Centos 5.
    I've built the newer versions in plague as soon as I have noticed
that the "Fedora EPEL Package Build Report" did not list me in the
Changelog , so all that is needed now is a push in order to have the
correct name in place.