IMPORTANT: NEXT MEETING

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Sep 12 17:04:41 UTC 2008

On 10.09.2008 22:53, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> 2008/9/10 Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com>:
>> On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 12:57:28 -0600
>> smooge at gmail.com ("Stephen John Smoogen") wrote:
>>
>>> Our next scheduled meeting is Monday 2008-09-15 15:00 UTC. Please send
>>> me a list of topics we need to cover for our first meeting in a long
>>> while. We will be moving this to a weekly meeting so that various
>>> people with random schedules can meet at least 50% of the time.

Just a note: A lot of things IMHO can be done on the list. It's just
each "thing" needs someone to drive it forward. But that's the same on
IRC as well. ;-)

>> We need to address the packages in the testing repo that have had long
>> term broken dependencies. Either by removing them, warning then
>> removing them, or something.
> I am going to say:
> "warn to remove by Oct 15th. Remove on 16th"

In the interest of contributers, users and EPEL in general: I'd much
prefer if somebody would look at each of the problems and find a
individual solution for each of the problems. From looking at the broken
deps it seems to me that at least some of them are quite easy to fix.
Some others otoh might be quite hard to fix, so removing them really
might be the better solution for now.

And no, sorry, I'm not volunteering to do this. I'm quite busy with RPM
Fusion stuff right now :-/

CU
knurd