IMPORTANT: NEXT MEETING

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 18:18:43 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 11:04 AM, Thorsten Leemhuis
<fedora at leemhuis.info> wrote:
> On 10.09.2008 22:53, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
>>
>> 2008/9/10 Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com>:

> Just a note: A lot of things IMHO can be done on the list. It's just each
> "thing" needs someone to drive it forward. But that's the same on IRC as
> well. ;-)

Yes.. we should use the list first, and the IRC for our pings.

>>> We need to address the packages in the testing repo that have had long
>>> term broken dependencies. Either by removing them, warning then
>>> removing them, or something.
>>
>> I am going to say:
>> "warn to remove by Oct 15th. Remove on 16th"
>
> In the interest of contributers, users and EPEL in general: I'd much prefer
> if somebody would look at each of the problems and find a individual
> solution for each of the problems. From looking at the broken deps it seems
> to me that at least some of them are quite easy to fix. Some others otoh
> might be quite hard to fix, so removing them really might be the better
> solution for now.
>
> And no, sorry, I'm not volunteering to do this. I'm quite busy with RPM
> Fusion stuff right now :-/

No I understand.. we need to get a process in place.
1) Who makes fixes to fix low-hanging fruit
2) Who keeps track of things
3) When can we get this done by?

--
Stephen J Smoogen. -- BSD/GNU/Linux