Checking for overlapping files/packages in EPEL and RHEL

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 20:02:02 UTC 2009

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 9:52 PM, Ricky Zhou<ricky at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hey, I did some querying to find overlaps between EPEL and RHEL 4/5
> today.  Here's the summary of what I found:
>
> (All of these checks were performed against i386 only.)

Thanks ricky. I think this will be useful in the future when cleaning
up our old pile and getting items set for RHEL-6 in the coming 6
months or so.

We need to figure out what packages are duplicates and what have been
pulled into EPEL from RHEL. I used to use the CentOS DVD's for that as
you can see what has been 'dropped'/added over time.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.

-- Robert Browning