fedora 12 packages in to epel?

Kevin Fenzi kevin at tummy.com
Sun Dec 13 18:55:33 UTC 2009

On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 13:47:53 -0500
David Mehler <dave.mehler at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm running a fedora 12 box for testing purposes, for a project. I'm
> noticing packages that would be useful in epel, updated mono, xsp, and
> some dep libraries. I'm wondering who i would contact to get said
> packages in to epel?
> Thanks.

If they are packages shipped by RHEL, then you would need to ask them
to update as EPEL NEVER ships or replaces base RHEL packages.

If they are packages in EPEL, file a bug in bugzilla requesting the
maintainer update them.

Note also that EPEL doesn't do updates within a release that change
ABI/have major config changes/etc.

kevin