Mirror Manager and the way you get EPEL

Michael Stahnke mastahnke at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 22:24:10 UTC 2009

This might be odd, but to me, I get frustrated every time I type
download.fedoraproject.org into my browser and get taken to a mirror
that doesn't have EPEL.  I realize not every mirror can carry EPEL,
but if I want to get EPEL packages (specifically epel-release) I have
to log into a server that already has it, and cat
/etc/yum.repos.d/epel.repo and see where I can find the information.

The only other way is to browse to the fedoraproject wiki, and search
on EPEL (because it's not listed on the front pages).  I will talk to
the web team and see if I can get this rectified.

I guess I would like something like download.fedoraproject.org/epel
and it would take to me random epel mirror.

Is that possible?  Am I the only one who ever thinks this?  You can
tell me if I am nuts.

stahnma