Packages with same ENVR in stable and testing repos (Re: next testing -> stable move for EPEL4 and EPEL5 prepared, details inside)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Feb 13 05:47:58 UTC 2009

On 12.02.2009 21:36, Michael Stahnke wrote:
>> I think the cause of this may be that packages are not being removed
>> from -testing after being pushed to stable, not because packagers are
>> rebuilding without bumping release.
> Agreed, I think that is what has happened.

Clicking 10 or 20 seconds in the browser would have told you two it's
not the case for at least some of the packages (I guess the majority,
but I didn't check). Just picked the first one in the list:

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/4/SRPMS/obby-0.4.4-2.el4.src.rpm
12-Dec-2007 14:55

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/testing/4/SRPMS/obby-0.4.4-2.el4.src.rpm
14-May-2008 11:18

And it are definitely different builds:

[thl at thl ~]$ repoquery --repoid epel4 --qf '%{buildtime}' obby.x86_64
1197477479
[thl at thl ~]$ repoquery --repoid epel4-testing --qf '%{buildtime}'
obby.x86_64
1210359424
[thl at thl ~]$

Spec files are identical, nevertheless that's not what we want.

CU
knurd