moving to Koji

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Feb 25 17:08:02 UTC 2009

On 25.02.2009 16:12, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> With the koji upgrade on the weekend support was deployed for external repos.
> this enables building of EPEL in koji. I have set up some tags and targets for
> doing EPEL scratch builds.  right now you can scratch build to dist-5E-epel
> and dist-4E-epel.  there is an issue i need to work around with EL-4  the old
> hack we used to provide a kernel to ppc doesnt work.  I am working on a
> solution to that.

Sounds good.

> To move building to koji we need to get bodhi setup and redo the release
> engineering process to closely match that of Fedora. What this means is that
> you will need to file a ticket with releng to have a package added to the
> buildroot  if you need to build against it.   it also means that things can
> hit stable sooner.

Ehh, do we really want that apart from security updates or important
bugfixes (which we can and do push within minutes these days already if
needed)?

I ask because the "monthly" move from testing to the porper repos has a
important side-effect: I slows everything down when compared to the
quickly moving Fedora, which for EL repos IMHO is something good.

 > [...]

Cu
knurd