pexepct is in RHEL and should be dropped from EPEL

Ray Van Dolson rayvd at bludgeon.org
Thu Jan 22 22:50:54 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 11:47:27PM +0100, Robert Scheck wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jan 2009, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > I agree on coordination however re-using a spec cannot be called
> > stealing by any means.
>
> How else would you call stealing then? A Red Hat employee has grabbed
> my package and used it for RHEL - so far, so good.

I'd call it... forking? :)

It would be nice courtesy for RH to notify maintainers when this
happens, but by no means a requirement.

They certainly do themselves a disservice however by pissing off
contributors through this sort of behavior (where at least they don't
even reply to queries -- I know someone has had a ticket open in bz
assigned to whoever took their EPEL package and it's never been touched
once).

A little PR would go a long way I think.

Probably preaching to the crowd here...

Ray