pexepct is in RHEL and should be dropped from EPEL

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jan 25 18:56:23 UTC 2009

Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:

Whoever it is or
> whatever the department is called, it's @redhat.com.

I don't think blaming the wrong department is a good idea however.

GSS has the most
> benefit from getting it right, because they answer the phone when a
> customer is confused having packages from EPEL that are in RHEL.

If this is the goal, it would be very useful to add the information on
how to differentiate between EPEL and RHEL to the EPEL wiki pages.

I think
> the message I wanted to send out was clear enough on it's own,
> regardless of getting all the acronyms and departments right.

Perhaps it is but it is important to correct it for the record. If you
don't want it directed at specific departments, just don't use the
acronyms. GSS stands for Global Support Services.

Rahul