pausing from EPEL. Orphaning my packages?

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Fri Jul 3 07:43:14 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 12:03:41PM -0600, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:

> Hello Patrice, thankyou for all your help and work in the past. How
> many packages do you currently maintain? It would probably be good to
> work on a transition plan sot hat the 4,5, and 6 releases are covered.

I maintain 62 packages, Kevin did the list.

For the 4 and 5 releases, I'll send the build requests to Kevin. For EL-6,
people have to step up and ask for branches as usual, I think. I don't think
there is even an implicit promise that a package will be available for the
next release. Maybe what is needed is a way to have the list of packages
that are up for grabs for recent releases only, for instance all my EPEL
packages for EL-6.

For existing distribution, maybe it would be nice to have a summary page
that shows which packages are in FC-X and not in EL-Y. Problem is that
it would also list some packages that are not in EL on purpose (for
example, for my packages, acpi, and bes for EL-4 and EL-5).

--
Pat