pausing from EPEL. Orphaning my packages?

Kevin Fenzi kevin at tummy.com
Fri Jul 3 19:08:03 UTC 2009

On Fri, 3 Jul 2009 09:36:25 +0200
Patrice Dumas <pertusus at free.fr> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 02:59:08PM -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> >
> > :(
> >
> > Can you run a virtual instance on one of your machines, or use some
> > remote virtual like amazon EC2?
>
> I don't have enough disk space nor knowledge for a virtual instance.
> And I wouldn't trust a distant service (not to mention that I won't
> pay for the free software I do).

Yeah. Understandable.

> > I could do that if need be. Or I might be able to set you up with a
> > login here on a fedora machine to use for builds and such.
>
> Ok, I'll send you my build needs, it should be very very rare anyway,
> thanks.

Happy to help. I assume you will be watching for bugs on the packages
still?

> > > In any case my packages will new maintainers for EL-6 since I
> > > won't maintain them myself given that I am not in fedora anymore
> > > -- though I could co-maintain them, like I do for my former
> > > fedora packages.

Yeah, we should come up with concrete plans for EL-6.

One thought was to do a mass build of all the fedora packages in
whatever release EL-6 is based off of. See how many of them build ok,
etc. Then try and see if we can have enough coverage to maintain them
all in EL-6 somehow.

kevin