Something wrong with koji?

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Fri Jul 17 03:11:47 UTC 2009

Em Quinta-feira 16 Julho 2009, às 10:00:54 pm, Mike McGrath escreveu:
> On Thu, 16 Jul 2009, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> > On Thursday 16 July 2009 11:54:19 am Jussi Lehtola wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >

> > > is the something wrong with koji, since my build of jmol fails [1] on
> > > EL-5 due to a missing BuildRequires: java-devel >= 1.6.0 ?
> > > I am able to build the srpm in mock for EPEL 5 just fine.
> > >
> > > [1] http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=1479971
> >
> > there is no java on ppc unfortunatly you need to resubmit until you get
> > the build on x86_64 or i386  where java exists.
>
> Just curious more then anything.. why is there no java on ppc?

Because Red Hat shipped it in 5.3 but only i386 and x86_64  this is beacuse
they are the only RHEL arches with a native jit  the only other arches with it
are sparcv9 and sparc64.  the support for ppc/s390/s390x/arm/ia64 etc is using
zero which is not native and is slower.  but we could ship ppc java in EPEL,
we removed java-1.6.0-openjdk after it was shipped in RHEL. AFAIK Red Hat
doesnt ship the plugin  which we could ship also.  it would take careful
packaging to do.  but as far as java goes we could just ExclusiveArch ppc it
and build it for our needs.

Dennis