EPEL Leadership (Was: Re: June stable push ?)

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sun Jun 14 09:51:18 UTC 2009

On 14.06.2009 00:56, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 7:47 AM, Jeff Sheltren<jeff at osuosl.org> wrote:
>> On Jun 12, 2009, at 5:00 AM, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>
>>> IMHO it's time for the steering committee to say "Sorry, we screwed up,
>>> we all step down; the last thing we do it to make sure a new steering
>>> committee is formed somehow"
>> I would be glad to step down if I thought it were the best thing to do, but
>> I don't think that it is.  We have trouble even getting more than one or two
>> non-steering committee members to the meetings (when we do have them!).
>>  What makes you think that we could find enough interested/motivated people
>> to replace the entire committee?  I'm under the impression that EPEL is
>> popular with end users but there aren't many in the user pool who are
>> willing or able to step up and help make EPEL better.
> I also have to agree on that. If we all step down... who is left?

Who knows? Just give it a try, maybe new people will show up.

And as mentioned in another mail: I think it's fine and actually a good
thing if some of the current members try to get into the Committee again
-- a bit fresh blood might be enough to get things into a better shape.

And the last reorganization of the Steering committee iirc was a year
ago, so IMHO it's time for another one, as committees like Board and
FESCo do elections once a year as well (and no, I don't want to say that
we need a election; I'm actually not even sure if it's better with or
without one).

> [...]

Cu
knurd