Moin in EPEL

Kevin Fenzi kevin at tummy.com
Wed Jun 17 18:48:08 UTC 2009

On Tue, 16 Jun 2009 22:47:21 +0300
Ville-Pekka Vainio <vpivaini at cs.helsinki.fi> wrote:

...snip...

> With these points in mind:
>  - Are there any people on the list who'd like to become
> co-maintainers or even primary maintainers for Moin in the EPEL
> branches?
>  - Should we just update Moin to a version with upstream support
> even though it might cause major pain to anyone running the current
>    packages?
>  - Related to these questions, once even Debian drops 1.5, is there
>    going to be enough people in the EPEL project to take care of the
>    possible security issues?
>  - If not, should we just orphan Moin in EPEL?

Yeah, EPEL packages should not do this kind of thing if at all
possible, but sometimes it's impossible to avoid. :(

We do have now a 'epel-announce' list. An announcement about this sort
of change would be very good to go there.

Information on how to deal with the upgrade would also be welcome in a
README.Fedora file or the like...

kevin