EPEL Bug Day

Michael Stahnke mastahnke at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 01:27:53 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 5:57 PM, Michael Stahnke<mastahnke at gmail.com> wrote:
> The EPEL SIG team is asking for your participation at the first EPEL
> Bug Day.  Please step up and help make EPEL a successful supplement to
> Enterprise Linux.
>

> When:  July 11, 2009 00:00 UTC - 23:59 UTC.
>
> Goal:  Squash (close) as many bugs as possible with proper solutions.
>

> More Information:
> *   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL_Bug_Day_July_2009
> Current Bug List
> *   http://tr.im/epelbugs
>

> We'll send out some more information when it becomes available.
>
> Thanks for your help,
> stahnma

Thus far, I've taken to using the whiteboard feature to classify bugs.
 It's not pretty, but should get the job done for now.  These are the
terms I came up with on a whim.  Again, nothing too scientific.

ActualBug - Bug in the software or depencies
PackageBranch - Bug is basically saying package 'foo' is missing from EPEL
UpdatePackage - Bug is asking for a newer version of a package

I *think* I got through all the bugs.  We closed about 6 in the last
24 hours probably just from people getting a reminder email :).

I would like a way to report on the whiteboard field, and the query of
EPEL bugs.  I looked at python-bugzilla a little, but didn't get very
far with it.  If anybody would like to write a script to basically
show us if I missed any bugs, that would be very nice.

I was also thinking that we could try to handle the PackageBranch bugs
soon.  These just need somebody to ask a Fedora packager if they would
maintain the package in EPEL.  If they say no, post to this list and
somebody may jump in.  If a package needs lots of deps to get in,
perhaps we open more bugs on it?  Thoughts?

stahnma