Fedora EPEL Package Build Report 2009-03-01

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Mar 2 17:43:13 UTC 2009

Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> On Monday 02 March 2009 06:08:25 am Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> buildsys at fedoraproject.org wrote:
>>> NEW rhnpush-0.4.5-1.el5 : Package uploader for the Red Hat Network
>>> Satellite Server
>> Are you sure you want this in EPEL? IIRC this would conflict if a EPEL
>> user tries to install RHN satellite.
>>
>> Rahul
> Yes, its part of spacewalk.
> If your using a supported Satellite box you have only satellite running on it.
> there is a goal to get all of spacewalk into Fedora/EPEL. which will mean you
> cant enable EPEL on Satellite boxes.  however i really dont know why you
> would.  the resources needed by satellite mean that your not going to run
> satellite on a multi use box.

Oh, ideally you wouldn't but customers do that and I suspect there are
people with CentOS + EPEL boxes doing similar things.  EPEL FAQ claims
that EPEL should not conflict with layered products. If that is not the
case, we need a documentation change as well and clarification of the
current policy.

Rahul