Nagios upgrade

Michael Stahnke mastahnke at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 23:45:30 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 6:37 PM, Bryan J Smith <bjs at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-03-30 at 18:25 -0500, Michael Stahnke wrote:
>> Just a question, do people in Enterprises apply updates in EPEL
>> without reading through each one and ensuring it's compatible with
>> your needs/design?  We review most every update, mostly curious.
>
> My clients bring in select updates into their YUM Custom Repos or Red
> Hat Network (RHN) Satellite Server Custom Channels, and rarely tap the
> repo directly.  But there could be some putting the EPEL YUM Repo
> directly into their yum.conf/yum.repos.d.

We have pulled EPEL directly in some cases, but still, we don't apply
updates without really looking into them.  I think that's more what I
was trying to ask.  I hope people aren't just running yum-cron or 'yum
-y update' in cron on EL. I mean, from a maintainers perspective,
having to have Nagios3 and Nagios isn't fun.  From a client
perspective, you'd probably like both.  You'd HATE it if you went from
2->3 and it broke all your monitoring, because you might not catch
that for a while...