stable pushes in the bodhi world

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Tue Mar 31 06:58:48 UTC 2009

Jon Stanley wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 7:37 PM, Manuel Wolfshant
> <wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro> wrote:
>

>> which is why I suggested the automatic push (unless the package exhibited
>> problems and received negative karma) after 3 months. which is half the
>> release cycle of the main distro.
>>

> I still don't think that's a good idea. I maintain a few niche
> packages (supybot-fedora and supybot-koji) which are semi-critical to
> Fedora infrastructure (provides very easy methods to get info out of
> pkgdb, FAS, and Koji on IRC).
and both were reviewed by me as soon as I could do it after the bugs
were submitted ...

>   I can count the number of users of
> these packages on one hand (I would say one finger, but I know Kevin
> uses at least supybot-fedora ;) )

persuade those < 5 users to give positive feedback via bodhi :) You
should already know all of them personally :)

> Does this mean that they're not of high quality just because no one
> uses them? Of course not.
of course not

> Same thing for Michael's packages I'd
> assume.  A three month wait to get stuff into stable just seems WAY
> too long.  As Kevin has already said, delay !=stable.

Feel free to propose a shoter delay, or another mechanism. I just
suggested a default fallback in order to be sure that the packages do
not stay forever in testing. We are all open to suggestions, aren't we ?