package maintainer without a package

BJ Dierkes wdierkes at 5dollarwhitebox.org
Fri Sep 18 20:55:42 UTC 2009

I have been following EPEL for a while, but am yet to become a
maintainer of anything.  I would suggest submitting patches for the
package via bugzilla which makes it easier for the current maintainers
to implement the changes you want/need specifically.  Any feedback you
provide be it for changes, or verification of testing you've done
makes you more than 'just a helper' and is appreciated by everyone.

I would suggest setting up an account via the FAS (Fedora Account
System).  This allows you to gain access to certain things like Fedora
Hosted Trac pages, etc allowing you to contribute to any of the
applications written/maintained by Fedora.

---
derks