Finding old EPEL packages

Ray Van Dolson rayvd at bludgeon.org
Fri Sep 25 17:01:43 UTC 2009

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 08:52:05PM +0400, Alexey Torkhov wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I was looking today for old fuse from EPEL and was unable to find it.
> Seems, that packages that are moved to main RHEL (fuse is in 5.4 now)
> are purged completely.
>
> I think, that all EPEL packages there were ever released should be
> available somewhere. It could be useful in situation like mine where one
> need to install package on old system - it was CentOS 5.3 in my case, or
> to downgrade some packages.
>
> Alexey

You could always build the RPM with koji against the sources:

  http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/rpms/fuse/EL-5/

Something like:

  koji build --scratch dist-5E-epel \
    'cvs://cvs.fedoraproject.org/cvs/pkgs?rpms/fuse/EL-5#fuse-2_7_0-3_el5'

Would probably do the trick.  In fact, I just kicked one off so you
should be able to retrieve the RPM's shortly:

Ray