Finding old EPEL packages

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 16:10:38 UTC 2009

On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 2:13 AM, Alexey Torkhov <atorkhov at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-09-25 at 20:58 -0600, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:

>> > If koji will keep packages forever that would be good.
>> > Thanks.
>>
>> No it doesn't. Packages are retained for a certain amount of time but
>> not forever due to space reasons.
>
> Then, some place with enough storage space should be found. Like
> archive.fedoraproject.org. There is even FC-1 that was released several
> years ago could be found, but EPEL package that was there month ago is
> gone.

Well to answer your first question that started this off.. EPEL does
not have any FUSE packages nor has it because kernel packages have
been verbotten. rpmrepo or rpmfusion might have had them but not EPEL.

One the second, archive.fedoraproject.org deals with releases. Not
every package that was released for a fedora is kept forever. A
release is kept and the last update to a package in that release is
kept. But if 20 updates occurred between the two, those aren't kept.

EPEL does not have 'releases' in the same manner Fedoraproject does
and so it only keeps the latest package around. Trying to keep around
terabytes of packages around is beyond what this volunteer part can
deal with.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.

-- Robert Browning