EPEL'er Won't you be, won't you please, please won't you be, my sponsor

BJ Dierkes wdierkes at 5dollarwhitebox.org
Sun Apr 11 20:42:34 UTC 2010

On Apr 9, 2010, at 5:24 PM, Lee Mitchell wrote:

> I am undecided about how much time I want to spend double checking the package against the guidlines before I post the spec and SRPM and remove "NotReady" from the whiteboard.   Sometimes I can be a perfectionist.  In this case, I want my first package to be perfect, but I don't want to take an inordinate amout of time "perfecting it".  Sometimes I think I should just do my reasonable best and let others tell me where I missed it.

Just wanted to note that, though going through the guidelines attempting to catch every issue yourself would never hurt (there's a lot of great info in the guidelines)...  it is very common to over look things before submitting to review.  You could self-review yourself until you were blue in the face...  and have a second set of eyes find something just at a quick glance.  For your first package I wouldn't be as concerned with 'perfecting the package' before review as I would be concerned with simply learning the processes involved and 'getting your feet wet'.

Good luck, and thanks for getting involved.

---
derks