epel-6 buildgroups

Farkas Levente lfarkas at lfarkas.org
Mon Apr 26 08:29:03 UTC 2010

On 04/26/2010 01:36 AM, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> On Sunday 25 April 2010 04:32:35 pm Farkas Levente wrote:
>>>
>>> They will not ever exist,  since all the functionality provided by them
>>> has been moved into RHEL itself. the same as they have not existed for
>>> many fedora releases.
>>
>> and what is the name of buildsys-build or what is the epel-6-i386.cfg?
>
> I have not yet checked to make sure that RHEL's comps file has the needed
> group,  note that there is no epel-6 yet.  due to some packaging bugs we have
> not been able to build repos to build against.  it will likely be a couple of
> weeks before things are ready to go.

the reason for buildsys-build was not just the macros in buildsys-macros
(which probably included in rhel-6), but also to require basic packages
which is still needed. so imho another buildsys-build packages for
epel-6 also needed in order to be able to write in epel-6-*.cfg:
config_opts['chroot_setup_cmd'] = 'install buildsys-build'
or something like that (or a long install line:-().