EPEL-6 status

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 22:37:58 UTC 2010

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 11:36, Jason Tholstrup <jason at tholstrup.info> wrote:
> Yeah I've seen that information.  Correct me if I am wrong, but it looks
> like there is still a good deal of work to be done to bring the EPEL-6 repo
> up to the level of completeness that EPEL-5 is at.
>
> What I don't want to do is rebuild this only to find myself still needing
> Fedora-12 repos to get all of my applications back up and running.  I think
> I'd feel comfortable doing this once you guys thought you were at (let's put
> a precise number on a fuzzy guess) 90% completeness.  Do you feel like you
> are that far along or do you still feel like there are some significant gaps
> in packages that need to be brought over?
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Jason Tholstrup

Well I think we need to understand what you mean by completeness? Due
to every release requiring/providing quite a bit of different things,
we have not had a real 100% level because things may have been
supplanted, EOL'd, not required from what was in EL-4 or EL-5 to EL-6.
So what packages do you need for your worksite and then we can see
what we have to build still. [Yes it is a chicken and an egg problem
but somehwere a lizard has to start sprouting feathers.]

--
Stephen J Smoogen.