Catalyst in EPEL 6

Edward Trochim ejtrochim at alaska.edu
Mon Aug 23 19:46:31 UTC 2010

My organization handles all software deployments to our several dozen production systems through yum; whether it is in-house or third party software. It greatly eases update management for us.

We are seriously considering using Catalyst for a new webapp we will be developing soon and we want to be able to deploy it using the same mechanisms as all our other software. We could use CPAN, and we are prepared to go that route if we need to, but we would prefer to keep everything in RPMs. There are actually several deployment strategies I am investigating right now, this is just one of them.