Catalyst in EPEL 6

Michael Stahnke mastahnke at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 21:14:17 UTC 2010

> cpanspec ( also in EPEL ) is designed to generate rpm packages from CPAN
> packages.  In my previous job I generated many internal perl rpms and
> cpanspec was by far the best tool of several I used.  You shouldn't have
> too much trouble doing it yourself.

If each shop is doing it themselves, that's a lot of wasted
productivity over the long haul.  Ideally, this is done in EPEL which
will handle the default case (which is hopefully good enough for most
shops).  After that shops may require adjustments to packages or
produce newer ones in year 3-7 of the RHEL lifecycle.  I'd hope that
EPEL can at least be a decent starting point though.

Mike