Catalyst in EPEL 6

Iain Arnell iarnell at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 08:57:01 UTC 2010

On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 11:36 PM, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 21, 2010 at 13:36, Edward Trochim <ejtrochim at alaska.edu> wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Are there plans to bring the perl Catalyst framework to EPEL 6? The runtime
>> and many of the plugins are already in Fedora 12. I am interested in
>> providing any help that is needed; however, I have never created any
>> packages for either Fedora or EPEL.
>>

> No one has expressed an interest before. I would say that the first
> thing to look for is help in the Fedora Perl SIG

It certainly seems possible. I only find 40 missing deps for a minimal
installation. The biggest problem is that last time I checked, Chris
Weyl wasn't interested in EPEL.

berrange  perl-Array-Diff
berrange  perl-Module-CPANTS-Analyse *
cweyl     perl-Catalyst-Action-RenderView
cweyl     perl-Catalyst-Devel
cweyl     perl-Catalyst-Plugin-ConfigLoader
cweyl     perl-Catalyst-Plugin-Static-Simple
cweyl     perl-Catalyst-Plugin-SubRequest
cweyl     perl-Catalyst-Runtime
cweyl     perl-Class-C3-Adopt-NEXT
cweyl     perl-Config-Any
cweyl     perl-Data-Alias
cweyl     perl-Data-Dump *
cweyl     perl-Data-Visitor
cweyl     perl-File-ChangeNotify
cweyl     perl-File-Modified
cweyl     perl-HTTP-Request-AsCGI
cweyl     perl-MooseX-Emulate-Class-Accessor-Fast
cweyl     perl-MooseX-MethodAttributes
cweyl     perl-MooseX-Params-Validate
cweyl     perl-MooseX-SemiAffordanceAccessor
cweyl     perl-namespace-autoclean
cweyl     perl-String-RewritePrefix
cweyl     perl-Test-use-ok
cweyl     perl-Text-SimpleTable
cweyl     perl-Tie-ToObject
cweyl     perl-Tree-Simple-VisitorFactory
eseyman   perl-Variable-Magic
iarnell   perl-Devel-Hide
iarnell   perl-Term-Size-Any
iarnell   perl-Term-Size-Perl
iburrell  perl-Path-Class *
lkundrak  perl-Test-MockObject *
spot      perl-UNIVERSAL-can *
spot      perl-UNIVERSAL-isa *
steve     perl-Devel-Caller *
till      fcgi *
tremble   perl-B-Hooks-EndOfScope *
tremble   perl-MooseX-Types *
tremble   perl-namespace-clean *
tremble   perl-Test-Kwalitee *

(*) already exists in EPEL, but no builds for EL-6 yet.

--
Iain.