Add cost=1100 in epel.repo?

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri Aug 27 19:27:52 UTC 2010

On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 10:48:17 -0600
Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 04:23, Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org> wrote:

...snip...

> > Any reason why this shouldn't be done?
>
> I believe in the past we have asked the following:
>
> 1) Only  build for the architectures that are excluded (eg build it
> for ppc64 and not x86_64 or i386)
> 2) Keep to the same version or make the release number smaller than
> what is in EL-5

Yeah, I guess I was thinking we would only be building these on the
arch that is missing them, but then thinking about that it means we
have to touch the spec and can't just use the exact same one from RHEL.

So, I guess I am not opposed to adding a cost in.
Should it be 1000? Or does it matter? Does
centos/rpmforge/dag/dries/iuscommunity use Cost? Can we make sure
anything we add doesn't cause unneeded problems for them down the road?

kevin