Perl versions versus EL-6 build

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Sun Aug 29 20:31:34 UTC 2010

On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 14:05:02 -0600
Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 18:19:29 +0200
> Chitlesh GOORAH <chitlesh.goorah at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 6:05 PM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com>
> > wrote:

> > > Are you running beta1 there?
> > >
> > > There has been a beta2 and then a 'beta2 refresh'.
> > >
> > > The builders are up to date with that latest:
> > >
> > > So, the current perl should be in:
> > >
> > > http://mirrors.tummy.com/pub/ftp.redhat.com/redhat/rhel/beta/5.90Server/x86_64/os/Server//Packages/perl-5.10.1-113.el6.x86_64.rpm
> > >
> > > kevin
> > >

> > Well I installed beta1. I was assuming beta2 will just be another
> > yum update. What are the yum repos for beta2 ?
>
> See above link. They are in the 'beta/5.90*' directories.
>
> I think you can update the redhat-release from there and yum update to
> it from beta1, but I didn't try. I just re-installed here.

yum update worked for me but you may be misled about some packages
existing in Beta 2 refresh if you do it that way; a number of perl
modules were available in Beta 2 but have been dropped in the Beta 2
refresh. And some modules aren't available for all architectures (e.g.
the list of available packages for ppc64 and s390x is shorter than the
list for i386 and x86_64).

Paul.