Catalyst in EPEL 6

Christopher McCrory chrismcc at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 20:07:38 UTC 2010

Hello...

On Mon, 2010-08-23 at 11:46 -0800, Edward Trochim wrote:
> My organization handles all software deployments to our several dozen
>  production systems through yum; whether it is in-house or third party
>  software. It greatly eases update management for us.
>
> We are seriously considering using Catalyst for a new webapp we will be
>  developing soon and we want to be able to deploy it using the same
>  mechanisms as all our other software. We could use CPAN, and we are
>  prepared to go that route if we need to, but we would prefer to keep
>  everything in RPMs. There are actually several deployment strategies I
>  am investigating right now, this is just one of them.

cpanspec ( also in EPEL ) is designed to generate rpm packages from CPAN
packages.  In my previous job I generated many internal perl rpms and
cpanspec was by far the best tool of several I used.  You shouldn't have
too much trouble doing it yourself.

<snip>

--
Christopher McCrory
To the optimist, the glass is half full.