EPEL Dep problems for epel5 on i386

Xavier Bachelot xavier at bachelot.org
Mon Aug 30 09:16:13 UTC 2010

Hi Michael,

> I ran some simple dep checkers against epel and epel-testing for epel5
> (on i386 only, and against centos 5).
>
> We have a number of issues.  Some of them I have filed bugs on, but I
> haven't made it everywhere.  Please look over the list and see if you
> can assist in fixing any of these issues.  I'd like to talk about this
> at the next EPEL meeting, if I can actually make it.

The list is including some EL4 packages, so there may be some false
positives.

> package: perl-Text-vFile-asData-utils-0.05-3.el4.noarch from epel-testing
>  unresolved deps:
>     perl(DateTime::Span)
>     perl(DateTime::Format::ICal)

> package: tcl-tcludp-1.0.8-1.el4.i386 from epel-testing
>  unresolved deps:
>     tcl = 0:8.4
> package: tcl-tclvfs-20080503-1.el4.i386 from epel-testing
>  unresolved deps:
>     tcl = 0:8.4
> package: tcl-tktreectrl-2.2.8-1.el4.1.i386 from epel-testing
>  unresolved deps:
>     tcl(abi) = 0:8.4

perl-Text-vFile-asData-utils is broken in EL5 anyway, I'll fix it.

Just a note, I find all the repoclosures run posted in the last weeks to
be very useful. I think having them run in an automated way would help
raise the EPEL quality greatly.

Regards,
Xavier