Incompatible upgrade - Is this workaround ok? (mysql-mmm)

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 03:26:07 UTC 2010

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 11:36 AM, BJ Dierkes
<wdierkes at 5dollarwhitebox.org> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I maintain Multi-Master Replication Manager for MySQL in both Fedora and EPEL.  With changes from 2.0.11 -> 2.1.0 there was an incompatible change in that the daemon scripts were renamed:
>
> mmmd_agent -> mmm_agentd
> mmmd_mon -> mmm_mond

I think this will need someone from Fedora packaging to comment versus
EPEL (as that would have precedence.) My un-educated opinion is that
there would not be a problem with symlinks if its for files. [Symlinks
for directories I think causes RPM heartburn somewhere but thats a
vague recollection.]