EPEL 5 build of ntfs-3g

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Jan 14 12:47:21 UTC 2010

Hi spot,

ntfs-3g is branched for EL-5, but we noticed there is no build.

http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/EL-5/ntfs-3g/

Since FUSE was added to the RHEL 5.4 kernel, it is possible to build
ntfs-3g (which is a FUSE module), indeed we have done a scratch build
already:

Do you mind if I build this in EL-5?

Also do you mind if I backport from Rawhide?  Although there are not
any specific features we need, we do all our libguestfs testing
against later versions of ntfs-3g, and AIUI there should be no
backwards compatibility issues for EPEL users (partly because it's not
an API and partly because there is no build for EPEL users at the
moment anyway).

Rich.

bindings from many languages.  http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/libguestfs/
See what it can do: http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/libguestfs/recipes.html