nagios shipped by RedHat, but in a specific subscription channel

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 20:41:00 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 9:09 AM, inode0 <inode0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 9:48 AM, Michael Stahnke <mastahnke at gmail.com> wrote:

> My understanding of EPEL's mission was that it would allow me to begin
> with a RHEL + layered product box, configure EPEL, get additional
> stuff without creating new problems. I think that is a wonderful
> mission.

I think that was one vision.  The issue is that it is almost
impossible in practicality to accomplish. Especially when some RH
channels replace stuff that is in core (MRTG). It makes the job of
EPEL a lot more of reacting to unknown forces and also makes it hard
when say we have been putting cobbler or puppet in and then a previous
version shows up on RHN. We can remove our version but its not going
to fix the person who has the newer version and then never gets
updates to what is in RHN.

I will be making a list of all these sub-packages today.. will see
what would need to be removed.