Packages duplicated between EL-5 sub-channels and EPEL

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Fri Jan 15 02:06:25 UTC 2010

On Thursday 14 January 2010 07:01:37 pm Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 5:28 PM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at tummy.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 17:21:31 -0700
> >
> > Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Ok there are 76 direct conflicts between RH sub-channels and EPEL
> >
> > Which sub-channels exactly?

Packages in satellite, directory server, and certificate system are expected to
possibly cause conflicts.  the open source equivilent are branded under
diferent product names and are undergoing work explictly to get them into
epel.
I know i personally pulled a bunch of the packages from epel to put into
satellite and if we pull them from epel i would be extremely disappointed.
In the satellite case you only have a supported satellite server if you use
software from the rhn channels  adding epel to a satellite box will
immediately make you unsupported.

Dennis