Summary/Minutes from todays EPEL meeting - 2010-01-15

Kevin Fenzi kevin at tummy.com
Sat Jan 16 19:52:13 UTC 2010

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 12:07:35 +0100
Till Maas <opensource at till.name> wrote:

> Hiyas,
>
> On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 03:34:00PM -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>
> > EPEL swimming in the RHEL channels (nirik, 21:23:24)
> > ACTION: smooge will generate a list of packages that are not
> > following our new current policy. (nirik, 22:03:43) ACTION:
> > dgilmore or nirik will block them. (nirik, 22:04:12)
>
> is there now a new policy or will the currenty policy stay ? And what
> does the policy say?

Sorry, we should have spelled that out in the summary.

EPEL packages must never conflict with packages in RHEL-AP.
EPEL packages can conflict with packages in other RHEL channels.
EPEL maintainers should be open to communication from RHEL maintainers
and try and accommodate them by not shipping specific packages, or by
adjusting the package in EPEL to better handle a conflicting package in
a channel on a case by case basis.

At least I think thats what we all agreed to?
Comments/clarifications/etc?

We need to word this up nicer, update the wiki, and send an email to
the announce list. Anyone want to help with any of those parts?

kevin