EPEL test mass rebuild results

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 20:47:26 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 6:33 AM, Matt Domsch <Matt_Domsch at dell.com> wrote:
> At Red Hat Summit on Friday evening, Peter Robinson goaded me into
> throwing my build system at EPEL for a bit.  I took all the
> then-current Fedora 12 packages, including updates, and for each
> latest version of the package, built it using RHEL6 beta and EPEL6
> beta buildroots.  I then used the results of the run, put them in a
> new repository, and rebuilt everything that had failed previously.
> Repeat, 139 times (I was gone for a week and left it running).
>
> The result: of the 9262 packages present, 2762 failed to build, 6495
> successfully built.
>
> The successful builds:

Wow thats a lot of packages. I need to get a build system like that at
home :). For me personally it will be interesting to see why alpine
fails to build. On the other hand it is nice that so much of F12 can
be built on it. [Me I want to do this experiment with
EPEL-4/EPEL-5/EPEL-6 and F-X :) but I am a completist.]

--
Stephen J Smoogen.