Packages in EL-6 beta 2 and EPEL-6

Marcela Mašláňová mmaslano at redhat.com
Wed Jul 21 13:39:56 UTC 2010

On 07/20/2010 10:49 AM, Mark Chappell wrote:
> perl-Email-Date-Format,
> cairomm and wordnet appear to be in all arches
> for beta 2 and should probably be removed from EPEL-6
>

> perl-HTML-Format,
2.04-11.1.el6, 2.04-13
>  perl-Class-Data-Inheritable,
0.08-3.1.el6, 0.08-5
> perl-Class-Trigger,

0.13-2.1.el6, 0.14-2
> perl-Font-AFM,
1.20-3.1.el6, 1.20-5
> perl-PadWalker,
1.9-1.el6, 1.9-1
> perl-File-Copy-Recursive
0.38-4.el6, 0.38-1
> and libart_lgpl
>
> appear to be newer versions in EPEL than in RHEL-6 beta 2, please could
> you rebuild using the SRPMs available from the RedHat repositories
> available at ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/rhel/beta/5.90Server
>

> Mark

IMHO only perl-Class-Trigger has different version, but EL-5 < RHEL-6
and RHEL-6 < EL-6.

Could you point me to some guidelines about NVRs in EPEL? I suppose
there is no rule, which say that RHEL-6.0 must have bigger NVRs than EL-6.

Regards,
Marcela