Orphaned chntpw (NT password changer / registry editor) in EPEL

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Jun 8 07:30:36 UTC 2010

I was the maintainer of this package, but I have orphaned this package
in EPEL.

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/name/chntpw

Because it has a non-responsive upstream and the code internally is
quite horrible, we wrote a clean, secure replacement library (called
'hivex'[1]), and so I am no longer interested in maintaining this
package.

Rich.

[1] http://libguestfs.org/hivex.3.html

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top