how to add condor related packages (and their dependencies) to EPEL

leemitchell at ups.com leemitchell at ups.com
Mon Mar 1 20:40:59 UTC 2010

Kevin, I submitted a request for condor via bugzilla as you suggested below.  It is assigned to matt at redhat.com .  We'll see how it proceeds...

Thx, Lee

-----Original Message-----
From: epel-devel-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:epel-devel-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Kevin Fenzi
Sent: Monday, March 01, 2010 1:35 PM
To: epel-devel-list at redhat.com
Subject: Re: how to add condor related packages (and their dependencies) to EPEL

On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 12:55:12 -0500
<leemitchell at ups.com> wrote:

> Hello, my name is Lee, and I am new to the epel-devel-list.

Welcome!

> I am looking for the best way to get condor related packages that are
> currently available in Fedora to become available in EPEL.  I've
> looked through the epel-devel-list history from present back through
> mid-2007 and see no mention of condor.
>
> After reading https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/FAQ I'm still not
> sure how to proceed. I understand that an EPEL package maintainer
> needs to be determined, and it seems the fedora package maintainer
> has first dibs on providing the package to EPEL.  However, I do not
> see a way to contact the persons that are maintaining the packages
> below to see if they would be interested in providing them in EPEL.
>
> I think the wish-list is only for things that are not currently in
> Fedora. Below are the fedora packages I would like to see in EPEL,
> how can I proceed to help that happen?

File bugs on them and ask the maintainer: would you like to maintain
this in EPEL as well? or would you prefer someone else do it?

See: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Getting_a_Fedora_package_in_EPEL

That should get directly to the maintainer and be a good record of the
question being asked. :)

kevin