how to add condor related packages (and their dependencies) to EPEL

Bryan J Smith bjs at redhat.com
Mon Mar 1 18:29:31 UTC 2010

In addition to the "admin" pages, you will want to visit Koji:
  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Koji

Koji is the build system for the Fedora Project, which includes the
Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux (EPEL), and has more details on
dependencies and other things that could run into possible issues:
  http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/rpminfo?rpmID=1517382

It's always best to do some "due dillgence" on this for any package that
has not yet made it to EPEL, as there may already be some reason why it
has not.

In the case of Condor, it looks like most dependencies are either in EL
or already have EPEL versions -- e.g., gsoap[-devel]:

As far as finding out how to contact maintainers, the aforementioned
rpmID/buildID pages at Koji have the "changelog" with contact e-mails
for various maintainers who have built the package.  ;)

--
Bryan J Smith       Senior Consultant       Red Hat, Inc
Professional Consulting http://www.redhat.com/consulting