EPEL-6 Plan of attack

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Tue Mar 16 22:01:22 UTC 2010

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 12:38:39PM -0500, Dennis Gilmore wrote:

> whenever EL-6 beta is announced we will setup the base repos for building.

> We will give 2 weeks from announcement before we setup the cvs branches.  this
> will let us make sure anything thats in EL-6 gets nobranch files   we will be
> branching EL-6 branches from F-12 branches

Is the EL-6 beta freely available or will the maintainers using CentOS
have to wait until CentOS 6 is release until they can test things / do
local mock builds? I feel kind of uncomfortable if a package of mine is
branched and in stable before I have any chance to use it myself.
Especially if maybe another version would be more appropriate to be
shipped in EPEL.

Regards
Till