EPEL6 When to go out of Beta?

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Mon Nov 15 21:54:10 UTC 2010

Greetings.

In the meeting today we discussed when to move EPEL6 out of beta, now
that RHEL6 final is out. In the past we had said "when CentOS6 is out",
mostly in order to give time after final to build things up, etc.

Moving out of Beta means: We would start using bodhi for all updates,
The 2 weeks in testing before going stable would be enforced, We would
have epel and epel-testing repos in our release package, buildroot
overrides would be needed if you wanted to build against a newly built
package, etc.

What do folks think on when we should move out of Beta mode:

a) When CentOS6 is out.

b) 1 month after RHEL6 was released.

c) NOW!

d) Something else.

IMHO it's nice to give a bit of time now that we know the final package
list in RHEL6 to branch and build items. Also, some EPEL folks may want
to make sure they have the very latest (stable) items built that they
are willing to try and support for the RHEL6 life time.

Feedback welcome.

kevin